Thursday, April 21, 2011
Old Wives' Tales
* If you still get pimples after 30, you have the skills to build a lawnmower.
* If you're renting a new apartment and the previous tenant is a friend of someone you've seen before but haven't introduced yourself to, you'll eventually break a mirror.
* The best way to cure a broken arm is to start running everywhere you would normally walk to even if you're not in a hurry.
* You will give birth to octuplets if you won a surfboard in a Pepsi under the cap contest.
* A nine-year-old girl can cure chicken pox by trying to drive her parents' vehicle.
* The way to make leaves bloom early in the spring is to start smoking (19th-century logic)
* If you slightly burn yourself on a hot frying pan, an attractive older woman will smile at you someday.
* The best way to find a great new pair of sweatpants is to start pronouncing your "r"s as "w"s. (such as Wingo Staww)
* If you enjoy telling white lies, one day while singing karaoke you'll be ridiculed so badly by a group of teenagers that you'll want to be a teenager. And if you already are a teenager, you'll want to be friends with the teenagers ridiculing you.
Whispering and still, the wives wove the superstitions that we hold close. (but not really)