Friday, July 29, 2011

Modeling



I've been doing some modeling recently, and I'm represented by the Fulcher Agency here in Toronto.

My modeling website can be found by clicking here.

Modeling and writing don't seem to go hand in hand. One is considered vapid and the other intellectual (or for some, pseudo-intellectual). And I wrote earlier that I don't post too many pictures of myself here because it makes me feel self-ingratiating and self-absorbed.

But I've decided to try out modeling for a change of pace in jobs. After so much manual labour I'd like to make some money doing something fun. And do I really have to justify myself when it comes to this? I know what the boundaries of good taste are when it comes to modeling, and I'm not going to do anything embarrassing which people can look to in the future and ridicule and call me out on. I'm well aware of how someone's image can be tarnished and how public opinion can be swayed.

And it could be argued that there's no potential for literary growth in modeling. That it doesn't add breadth of experience which can contribute to a solid story. But I personally believe that all the arts should be interconnected. I act, I take photos, I play guitar, I paint. Although modeling might not be considered an artform, it relies on artforms in order to grow.

Modeling is not a question of narcissism. I know I'm not the best-looking model. I'm grounded. But it's all cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment